텍스트 크기 :
업데이트 : 월요일 18 6월 2018

트럼프 : 북한의 핵 위협은 더 이상 없다.

콘텐츠로 : 미국의 소리

싱가포르 -

U.S. President Donald Trump declared Wednesday, "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea," as he returned home from a summit in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

"Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office," Trump wrote on Twitter. "Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!"

Kim agreed Tuesday "to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" during the summit, while Trump unexpectedly said he was suspending military drills with South Korea.

Trump on Wednesday said "We save a fortune by not doing war games, as long as we are negotiating in good faith - which both sides are!"

The document the two leaders signed did not include details of how and when North Korea would denuclearize, nor did it spell out exactly what "security guarantees" the United States would provide to North Korea.

No specifics

Critics pointed to the lack of specifics in the agreement while questioning whether Trump gave up too much while securing too little in return during his several hours of talks with Kim in what was the first meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader.

Trump has defended the agreement as a major step in dealing with the threat of nuclear-armed North Korea and said he believed Kim's government would start the process of living up to the agreement right away.

"Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War with North Korea," he tweeted Wednesday. "President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!"

Former U.S. ambassador Bill Richardson told VOA he is concerned about no verification of what the North Koreans will do about missile technology in the DPRK, no detail of nuclear reduction, the peace treaty and human rights.

North Korea's official news agency on Wednesday quoted Kim as saying it is "urgent" that both North Korea and the United States "make a bold decision on halting irritating and hostile military actions against each other," while mentioning Trump's pledge to halt the military exercises.

Respond in kind

Kim said if the United States takes "genuine measures for building trust," he would take "additional goodwill measures of next stage commensurate with them." No details of what those steps would be were given.

The report also mentioned that Kim invited Trump to Pyongyang while Trump invited him to Washington and said both accepted the other's invitation as "another important occasion for improved relations."

The agreement calls for the two countries to jointly work on efforts to build a lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula, to establish new U.S.-North Korea relations and to recover the remains of prisoners of war and military members missing in action. The two sides promised to hold follow-up negotiations.

"We're going to denuke North Korea," Trump told VOA contributor Greta Van Susteren, adding that U.S. troops stationed in South Korea will remain in place, but announcing one concession long-sought by North Korea was included in the document signed earlier in the day.

"We are going to get out of the war games that cost so much money," he said referring to the U.S. participation in joint military exercises with South Korea. At his news conference, Trump said the war games were expensive, provocative and inappropriate.

WATCH: Trump on US troops in S. Korea

Trump: US Troops Will Stay in South Korea 기다려주십시오 어젯 서비스
Trump: US Troops Will Stay in South Korea
어젯 서비스 이 코드는 클립 보드에 복사되었습니다.

URL이 클립 보드에 복사되었습니다.

현재 사용할 수있는 미디어 소스가 없습니다.

0 : 000 : 00 : 21

미국과 연결 GET

뉴스 레터 구독하기